Life's been good recently. Probably hanging out more than I should be but that's okay, I keep convincing myself I'll catch up on things during the Easter weekend but I'm not exactly sure if that's going to happen. Hopefully catch up on sleep. It's not like GP is assessed too formally anyway, but there is an annoying assignment I should probably make a start on. I'm aiming to do that at the very least, as well as try to revise some of the NZ guidelines for asthma, diabetes and stuff. Still wishing I had a holiday but 4 days off for the Easter is at least something.

Been cruising around town quite a bit with Pochama and friends after work which has been really fun. Having flexible hours means it's real tempting to take a half-day off to go hang in town but since I've been learning so much in GP its reduced the temptation somewhat, although its still there. Next week I won't have the TI around to teach me and whisper answers in my ear so the temptation to gaps will probably be even greater, but I really have to work on seeing patients alone so I'll have to make sure I don't find myself walking out the door at 1pm.

Internal conflicts aside, I've really enjoyed the time just hanging with Pochama. I don't often get the chance to talk about things so openly with others since many of my peers have different views on life from me. I dislike the egotistic side of human nature. Nobody's perfect, and I don't understand why some people try so goddamn hard to be. I admit my mistakes. I learn from them. I try not to make the same mistake again. I try hard to appreciate others' points of view because I know you can't see the world through a mirror. I don't criticize other people because I know people do what's good for them at that time and in that circumstance. I feel that some people find it hard to understand the way I see things and that's why I feel awkward in some social situations. Perhaps I should be more opinionated about things, but I hate getting into conflicts of interest. I think Pochama understands some of these things. Even though we're different in our own ways there seems to be a baseline that's common to us both.

I got called by mum in between writing the last paragraph and this one so I kinda lost my train of thought. Maybe things will come back to me later. It's getting late so I'll just leave things hanging here for now; time to shower and sleep.

Goin' On!

Posted on

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)