So I'm finally underway with my Critical Review Article and by god, it feels good. Don't know why I always have to pick hard topics for myself (this will be yet my 3rd assignment related to stem cells) and why I don't just go do some clinical trial-based topic like everyone else. It would certianly save myself all the time digging around for stuff that we're not taught in class (eg. sox2, lin28, nanog and other [insert random combination of letters and numbers] genes etc. @@) but the sad thing is I actually find this stuff kinda interesting. I guess the idea of regenerating body organs is pretty awesome even though it seems it's going to be a while til we get to that stage. No, I'm not thinking of cloning people (although it would be tempting, lol jks) but the truth is there is quite a lot of potential in this field. Being able to transplant organs without being on immunosuppressant drugs for the rest of your life would be a pretty big step, keeping in mind the shortage of organ donors in the world.

Ah I duno what I'm doing rambling on about random med stuff, I guess I rarely get interested in my studies. Not that my interest in stem cells is huge (its complexity outweighs all the coolness of it, tbh) but it's certainly something that would be really really cool if it did get to the clinical setting. I'll leave the lab research to the PhD. MedSci's, though.

Underway

Posted on

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)