So here I am again, back in the big city. Although I regard Auckland as my home now I still feel as if it's missing something that I feel I should have for a place to be my home. Parents? More friends? More familiarity with the area? I don't know. It sure does feel a lot better than Rotorua though, despite my parents being there and my high school friends and the house I spent a large proportion of my earlier days in. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from this place when it's already given me everything it has to offer, and I'm taking everything I have for granted. Yeah ,that's probably the case. As it has been many times before.

So I ended up spending the past week including Auckland Anniversary weekend here with my parents and Nee-san (yeah don't give me weird looks for implying that four people stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, because that's exactly what happens every time they visit). It's been a while since the four of us were together so we did spend quite a lot of time together which was nice, even if I wasn't able to spend as much time with friends as I could have. We went ice skating and bowling on Saturday and spent Sunday at Mission Bay. During the weekdays Nee-san had work so instead I spent the time sorting out my new computer which I ordered the first day I got back ^^;. Feels so nice playing SC2 lag-free on my Lutaria (yes, I gave my new comp a name. What? don't give me weird looks =.= I name all my stuff, live with it), it feels so much nicer doing things on a desktop rather than my chunky Luna (my toshiba satellite P200), the environment is so more customisable with the keyboard separate from the monitor and it clears my desk from cables that are now sitting tucked at the back of my box on the ground.

Here are the specs of my new machine:
LUTARIA
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge ftw =D)
Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Kingston 6GB 1600MHz C8 DDR3 HyperX Non-ECC CL8 (8-8-8-24)
Western Digital Black Edition 1TB 64M Cache 3.5" SATA3 HDD
Gigabyte P67A-UD3 LGA 1155 Motherboard
Cooler Master 650W Power Supply
Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case

I also scored a LG 20" LED monitor and a Microsoft Headset off my nee-san who was upgrading hers. Altogether my setup cost me about $1500 which seemed reasonable for a mid-range machine. I like to think of it as a late Christmas present for myself for all the work I did over the summer ^^. I still need to sell off the 500W power supply that came with the case on trademe.

So that's my week in Auckland in summary. I won't say any more about my time in Rotorua because there simply isn't much there to talk about. Recently I've just been staying home and taking it easy since my legs are still a bit sore from ice-skating. Yesterday I browsed the numerous anime and Japanese dramas I got from Masaya but haven't really gotten really into any of the series yet, although Kaze no Stigma seems pretty good. Perhaps I'll watch more of that today if nothing else interesting is happening today.

Back in Auckland (again)

Posted on

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)