I don't know what some people have against the way I dress, act, or do things in life, and honestly I don't care. But when these people act on these things it really gets on my nerves, 'cause I'm not like that at all. I guess people who don't know me could easily pass me off as looking as your typical troublemaker who pops up in the news all the time and is generally on the wrong side of the law. And they sure as hell aren't afraid to act on these stereotypes. At least the checkout supervisor at Pak'n'Save at Mt Albert wasn't, anyway. Hell, getting pulled up for stealing stuff seriously goddamn offends me especially since they didn't have any solid evidence to prove such an outrageous claim. So I let them know I was offended, and made sure they realised I'm not a guy that does that shit. The first thing I did when they pulled me away from my friends and into the room full of pictures of people who'd stolen stuff was empty the contents of my pockets onto the table and was going to empty my bag as well but they told me to 'hold it' and 'don't go so quickly'. Hell I was pissed. If being accused of stealing wasn't enough, patronising me and trying to assure me that what they were doing was 'store policy' or some shit wasn't going to make things any better. So I let them interrogate me for a few minutes and apparently the lady had "THOUGHT" she had seen me slip some of those multivitamin things into my pocket when I hadn't even touched the things. Sure, I was near them with my friends for a while, (explaining to the others about how the pills actually killed you rather than helped you if you didn't need them) but they'd be hard pressed to find any evidence at all that I'd taken anything. In spite of this the manager dude asked the lady to get a bottle of what she'd thought I'd taken and she pretty much picked one up at random and gave it to him. I volunteered to let them search me but they politely declined, saying I should empty the contents of my belongings on my own. I guess that's to cover their ass in case I sue their faces for harrassment 'cause it's my word against theirs if I end up complaining to the authorities. Either that old bitch had goddamn lied or she had a mental condition which made her hallucinate (in which case I'd be more than happy to see her on my psych attachment and take a good, long history from her) but I'm thinking it's the former. I understand that thievery is quite a problem around stores like those and I respect their procedures for going about the issue, but pulling up innocents like me on mere suspicion is just wrong. If you have an issue with the way I dress, just say it to my face instead of accusing me of doing shit I'd never done. I'm sure the first thing they saw in me the second I walked into the store was a typical rebellious teen who does drugs and alcohol and is a general burden on society. Never mind that I'm studying to become a doctor and that I'll be most likely be practicing in New Zealand where there's a shortage of them cuz we're losing all our graduates to Aussie and other overseas places because New Zealand underpays their professional workforce. Never mind that when that lady grows old and retires that I'm the one going to be paying the government in taxes for her pensions and her expensive medical treatments later on. Why the hell would I go out of the way so much to get some tablets that are going to kill myself anyway? Stealing is harder than buying stuff (in New Zealand, anyway) and if I was going to steal something it would probably be something actually useful in some way, shape or form. Not that I would steal anything, but just saying. Anyway, enough of that. /BIG RANT

Annoying people aside, the past few days have been pretty fun, and it's because of days like those that I enjoy the lifestyle in Auckland so much. Even if the Lantern Festival was just a sea of people eating overpriced, oily, fattening foods and wasting money on similarly overpriced Chinese merchandise it was fun because it gave you an excuse to hang out with friends when otherwise you'd be stuck at home doing the things you were supposed to be doing (ie. study). Oh wait, I'm only seeing it that way because I've started uni already. Nevermind. But still, it was fun. Even if I was dragged away from my friends by a certain someone very early on *cough*.

I experienced the thrills of a laserstrike for the first time yesterday for Shaochen's 21st birthday gathering and I would definitely play again if I had the chance. Not that I'm any good at it, but I at least know how the game works so next time I don't completely suck. At least my score improved with successive games, which was a little encouraging (even if I was always last xD). Gets really tiring though, my legs still ache this morning from all that running around. Afterwards we had lunch at a cheap Chinese takeaway and went to his house to prepare for the evening barbecue at Cornwall Park. All in all, it was a great 21st gathering filled with good times, but was also kinda sad since it was probably the last time I would be seeing my med school friends for a long time. I sure hope I'll find some people who I can hang with in Hamilton, otherwise it's going to be a long six weeks.

I'm not sure how I'm going to spend this Sunday today. My parents were here last night and were going to some event in Auckland with Katherine so I've got the day pretty much free (hence why I've decided to blog this morning) although I'm probably meant to be doing some study of some sort. Weather outside looks alright so I might head off and wander town by myself for a bit after the laundry's done. Heh, just because I've started uni already doesn't mean I can't have a little time to myself now and then, right?

Not criminal, but decidedly suspicious.

Posted on

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)