Had a pretty laid back day on Saturday involving chores, window shopping and Starcraft. Unfortunately ice skating was cancelled which was kinda disappointing but what can one do. I guess I'll have to go one of these days with mikorikawa. Still have those GrabOne vouchers from some time ago to use. I spent a good deal of yesterday looking around for more tidy clothes for hospital wear but didn't have much success due to the difficulties of meeting my 3 criteria for buying clothes. Can't remember if I mentioned them before but they are:

a) affordable
b) good fit
c) looks nice

Guess it's pretty much common sense but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find clothing that meets all 3 of these criteria. First of all, my selection is already limited to about 20% of the stock since only a few styles come in my size (ie. small/28 inch pants/size 37 shirts). Even if there are stuffs that fit me chances are they fail either both or one of the other criteria. I did manage, however to find a black dress shirt at Hallensteins which I purchased. I still haven't entirely defined my sense of style for formal wear and still experimenting with colours and styles. Normally I just go with light coloured shirts and dark pants but it doesn't feel entirely "me" for some reason. Guess I never quite managed to find a style I liked even after looking for the past year and a bit. Damn me and my fussiness.

Yesterday, mikorikawa and I spent the day together which was really nice. Time with her is always quality time ^^. We did meet up with others at Giapo for the annual chocolate day event but after all that chocolate I don't think I'll do it again (since you can easily spend $15 at a place like Movenpick to get a gourmet dessert). Chocolate isn't really my thing tbh. A little can be nice but in all honesty, to me that stuff is just refrigerated nutella with random bits and pieces added in to make it look "special". I can easily mix together wasabi and nutella in my own kitchen, thank you very much. Instead of sticking around getting sick on chocolate we decided to grab a savoury snack instead - McDonald's fries with Burgerfuel aioli. The $1 large fries coupon with any McD's purchase isn't half bad for a mid-day snack, and goes really well with aioli. Burgerfuel has good aioli you can get for 50c, not sure if BK lets you buy it individually but I guess that could be another option.

Watched Despicable Me in the morning yesterday (yes, I hadn't watched it yet) which was really entertaining. I guess hearing that the second one was coming out soon made me feel I wanted to see the first one in case I ended up watching the second sometime. Nothing worse than spending money on a movie you don't understand because you don't have the continuity from the previous one (although some movies stand alone quite well, but this is rare in my experience). Haven't actually seen a movie in a long time. It's nice watching a movie after having not seen one in ages, for some reason. Guess I feel I can appreciate it more that way.

Today I attended the paediatric orientation at ACH which was kinda dull in the morning with all the random lectures (particulary the Maori health one that seemed kinda pointless). The afternoon was good since we got into smaller groups and practiced some clinical skills which we'd be using in our attachment. Seems like a lot to know so better start studying ASAP. There seem to be quite a few case histories that need to be handed in for this run, so probably try and knock them off early on to save time to prepare for the mini-CEX's at the end of the run. We got provided free morning and afternoon tea today, something rarely seen in Auckland Uni's medical school programme:


Not raising any objections here ^^ *nom*

Heh, sometimes I feel too old to be getting excited over free food. But I'm allowed to be, aren't I? =)

Probably try and do something productive today, and figure out a way to Waitakere Hospital for tomorrow *gulp* I get nervous before heading into uncharted territory. I try not to show it though. I'm a med student, I'm not allowed to dislike change, since it's inevitable that I'll be moving around hospitals and stuff. Harden up, this is med school, some people would say. Hopefully I don't get too lost tomorrow ><"

Good weekend, back to work today

Posted on

Monday, March 5, 2012

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)