~Stand a little taller~~Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone~
Yay for Kelly Clarkson ^^ I find her songs really inspiring.
2 weeks have passed since my last post. Certainly doesn't feel that way at all. I can't believe O & G is over already, I feel as I had just began to get a grip on things it's finished. If only I picked things up faster, heh. I always feel like it takes a long time for me to get used to one thing, hence my dislike for change. But if it's a change for the better, or to advance fields of understanding or knowledge then it's definitely worth it. I just wish I could adapt faster and enjoy things more although I do seem to be getting better at it since entering med school. Med has certainly changed the way I think about things, and its a positive thing. Critically analysing situations for what they are and not holding on to past experiences and what's comfortable. Constantly expanding knowledge and being open to new experiences, it isn't something I would have welcomed previously.
Self-reflections aside, these past 2 weeks have been pretty stressful. O & G is supposedly the busiest run of the year and I'm glad as hell it's over. So many seminars, tutorials and reading to do, clinics to attend and if course that big OSCE at the end (which I just had this morning). I actually surprisingly enjoyed this run very much, despite all the work involved. My team was awesome, the medicine wasn't too complex and the patient contact was really good. If only I didn't get kicked out of gynae clinic so much during pelvic examinations, haha. I think I mentioned something like that in my last post so I'll leave it at that. I do like being kept busy, somehow. Having things to do each day does help with the motivation and is a good cure for procrastination. So long as the work doesn't eat too much into sleeping or self-care activities which I tend to indulge in (cooking and doing chores around the house does give me satisfaction, I admit).


Vegetable stir fry ^^ Nom.

 Dinner for one. Because I'm worth it.

 End of attachment morning tea/breakfast! Fantastic cake!! And yes, those are cornflakes you see over there. No, they're not mine (they belong to the midwives, actually).

 Savouries + cake + fruit. Worked out really well, good job boys.

I just hope the rest of the year goes well. Cos I'm looking forward to earning money as  a TI and having a little responsibility instead of being pushed around all the time at the bottom of the food chain. And hopefully my performance at this morning's OSCE was adequate. If I were religious, I would pray.
btw I got myself a new desk recently. Got sick of having to hurt my wrists to type since my previous desk was too high. I guess I do take pleasure in doing simple things such as optimising my environment. I mean, might was well make yourself comfortable if you're going to spend 4-6 hours a day there, right? I've always wanted to get myself a corner desk. Soooo much space. Tends to get messy real easy though, haha. Since its just too easy to dump stuff there and leave it. First world problems xD
Optimised work environment, oh yeah!
Going to have a relaxed weekend this time. Ice skating tomorrow! =D Excited. haven't been since Vancouver so looking forward to it. I sure hope I can work on my brakes a little at least, since I have a silly habit of building up a lot of speed on the ice then not knowing how to get rid of it (besides crashing into walls, or alternatively, people). Anyhow, I'm just really looking forward to having a day where I can just relax and not have to worry about stuff. On Sunday I'm going to Giapo's chocolate day event in the city since I bought a GrabOne voucher for it. All you can eat chocolate for $15 isn't too bad. Although I can't make as good use of it as some of my friends, heh. I dislike being bloated, and even less so on junk food. It just makes me sick, and what's the point of doing that to yourself when you're out there to have a good time? That's why I don't tend to purchase buffet food.
Off to paediatrics in Waitakere next! I wonder what adventures await me there. I heard it's quite a busy hospital for paeds. Guess I'll find out. For now I'll just take some time to tidy some things up at home. Laundry needs folding and papers on my desk need clearing. This always happens towards assessment days. Paper. Everywhere. Oh well, gives me something to do I guess. Thanks for reading, see you next post ^^ (whenever that is...)

What doesn't Kill you makes you Stronger

Posted on

Friday, March 2, 2012

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)