A lot of things on my mind at the moment. Perhaps I've been going out more than I should be recently and life seems to have caught up to me in a big way. That way being my parents. Well, more like my Mum. I know blogger probably isn't the place to discuss family affairs but I gotta say that I really screwed up the whole balancing thing between friends/family/uni during the past few days. I know I can't just blame the fact that I live away from home as an excuse since I'm still largely dependent on my parents by staying in this apartment and that in itself is a cause to go out of my way for them. And that's not to mention that they raised me since I was a zygote (or its precedent components, even). I guess I misjudged my investment in that department, so to speak.


Family matters aside, life has been generally meh over the past few days. 8am starts slowly chipping away at my sleep, ward and labs being a drain as usual and Starcraft 2 eating up set-aside study time. I probably shouldn't be so easily influenced by certain unemployed members of my household who have too much time on their hands but SC2 is so damn addictive it's not uncommon to find yourself at the end of a day and wonder where past three hours went when you thought you promised yourself that you wouldn't touch the thing after feeling so guilty from the last nights that vanished without a trace of work being done.

Saw Scott Pilgrim movie yesterday and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who needs a consistent and coherent storyline to satisfy them. Not that the story sucked but it just didn't make a lot of sense and I guess my tolerance for randomness is a bit low for me to like that kind of thing. Yeah, I know it was meant to be cheesy and stuff and I kinda walked in without realising it. It wasn't terrible, by any means. I've seen far, far, worse. They had a pretty neat thing going on there though with the video game references, there was room there to develop that a whole lot more but I guess they would have to spend a crapload on licencing and whatnot. Wonder how much they paid Nintendo to use that Zelda "you just unlocked a door/chest/solved a puzzle/finally solved whatever was stopping you from advancing the storyline after spending 3 hours on the damn thing and angrily resorting to the internet to continue playing the goddamn game you spent $90 on" tingle that brings back terrible memories for noob zelda players such as myself. Ah well, maybe some other director can pick up on it. I certainly see a lot of potential in a game-style movie. College Saga ftw =D

It's 10:50pm and the reason why I'm awake at this moment is due to the fact that I don't have a cursed 8am start tomorrow in which case I would be in bed by 10. Light day tomorrow, hopefully get some work done for that test on Monday. Looking forward to seeing the med revue tomorrow as well, hopefully nobody who saw it tonight will spoil it by then.

Sleepy time ^^
Thx for reading~

--

Balance

Posted on

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Comments
  1. Yeah, I can so relate :/
    And dude, even I ain't touching many games atm, not even Pokeymans lol

    Life is shit for the moment, but maybe it'll be better once more stuff get out of th wayy ..

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)