My cough has gotten somewhat better since my last entry but still pretty damn annoying, especially when trying to talk to people. It's like there's a tickling feeling in my throat which triggers some kind of reflex coughing spasm, ah you don't need to know the details, what the hell am I doing.

So I successfully managed to hack my wii on Sunday before I was invited to go play cards with some of my sister's engineering friends. And no, not MTG this time, but we played this awesome game called Dominion where you're in this medieval setting where you manage limited resources to try and secure as many victory cards (estates, duchies and provinces) by purchasing various improvement cards and the like. It took a while to get the hang of but in the end it was great fun seeing what sort of combinations you can pull off by taking advantage of certain cards. Anyway I won't bore you with the details (not that I can be bothered explaining them lol) but if you ever get the chance to play Dominion, it's a great game. After a dinner break for pizza we got into some Munchkin which was pretty fun, although I never quite got into that game as much as other card games for some reason. I mean, it's fun, but the whole thing seems too much based on luck due to the imbalanced nature of some of the cards, although I guess the idea is that people target whoever's winning with their hex cards, but even then they're still hard to beat. All in all, a fun night out with some good friends.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention was how flash metropolis apartments are. People were commenting on how our Statesman apartment was like a hotel, but Metropolis actually -was- a hotel before it became an apartment complex, lol. I know Statesman apartments are definitely above average but Metropolis is in another league altogether. It's funny, our host that evening didn't want to take us in through the front door because it looked too flash XD but I would definitely agree with that one. Even I would feel a little subconscious about taking people up to a place through what seemed like a Sheraton hotel lobby. It's like "wtf? do you live in a hotel or something?" I suppose I shouldn't really care what other people think anyway. Still, I can't help but feel a bit of hate from other students I take up to my place in the Statesman who have to put up with cheap student accomodation from their allowances. It's times like these that remind me to be grateful for what I've got in this life and forget about all that shit I don't have. I don't think most people hate people who are well-off just because they're rich, I reckon it's because some take it for granted and lose their ability to appreciate the small things in life. I don't want to fall into that trap, but I know how easy it can be to do so.

Yesterday was spent playing hacked games on my wii. Lol, yeah what a silly way to waste a day, I know, but I haven't done that in so long and it felt good to butcher some zombie heads with a katana-wielding high school girl complete with uniform and pigtails. One thing to note to others wishing play hacked games on their wii, there's a difference between DVD+R and DVD-R (I had no idea, I'm so low-tech these days) and only .iso's burned on DVD-R's are able to run wii games. Learned that the hard way. Anyway, so I got into some Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers and pretty much spent most of the day playing that. The story is pretty ridiculous and just seems more like a justification for little girls to be running around with katanas lopping off zombie heads. It's so mindless and silly which makes it awesome, lots of blood too. Simon popped in for a bit to borrow my waistcoat and tie for some formal pastry thing he's going to. Oh yeah, I've also started watching Code Geass, I'm up to episode 8 and it's a great anime. The main story is pretty similar to the manga but the actual scenes differ quite a lot, especially with all the Knightmares they didn't have in the manga. I might watch an episode or two after this entry.

Today I think I'm going to be going out to town with Simon and hang at BK where that girl who plays Pokemon is going to give us some discounts or something (she works there). I'm also supposed to be helping Jo with food for the Coromandel trip next week, I think we're going out to the supermarket tomorrow or something but I don't think that's been confirmed yet. Hell I'd better start packing soon, I didn't realise the trip was so soon. Also need to tidy my room, too...still a huge mess from exam time. It's funny, I've got all this stuff I need to do and none of it's getting done. This's what holidays do to you I guess. Ah, so lazy..

btw check out my new Miku mousepad =D just arrived yesterday and I'm loving it <3

Doing nothing much

Posted on

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jeff! Welcome to my blog, where I share random thoughts and things about my life. Enjoy :)